Tuesday, June 1, 2010

2 decades and 4 years

Date: June 1st, 1986
Time: 1:00 am

The day when the world celebrates the international children’s day was a perfect opening to my arrival. Mom says that I was of no trouble at all and that she actually enjoyed her time at the hospital munching on jell-o, yogurt and chicken.

Date: June 1st, 2010
Time: 10:15 am

Here I am today making a soft and quite landing on 24. There goes another year of my life. Yes, I am getting old. Can’t help sighing over how quick the years roll by with the wink of an eye. I wonder if I am ‘old enough’ to start scanning my face for wrinkles or worry over when that nasty grey is going to sprout over some unknown corner of my head or if I should get my memories regularly checked, in case they are beginning to fade. Okay! I am going overboard but the fact is it gets quite uneasy going through this day as the years go by. Getting old sucks and I find solace in scourging adulthood on the heaping responsibilities that fall upon endlessly (sometimes out of nowhere) making life stagnant, timeless and ‘un-awesome’. I love the independence and so cherish for more but running the errands are tough. I don’t deny that being an adult is fun but it gradually wears out with age and finally one decides to ‘settle down somewhere with that someone’ and then the routine starts running on its own as though time has jinxed itself. Baah!

Just a funny memory made me smile right now. I was at kindergarten and it was my birthday; the only day I wouldn’t have to wear those pinafores. So, I got chocolates for everyone and as per tradition, had to stand up front listening to friends sing to me. I remember going through the dilemma (yes, at such young age) if I should sing along with them. It was my first time under the spotlight and I couldn't remember other kids singing on their D-days since I had my eyes locked on their chocolate boxes and lips desperately trying to sync in with the others. Eventually I made up my mind and started to sing! Funny part is no body found it odd. Thank God those kids weren’t so bright then unlike now.            
            
Anyway it’s been two decades and four years here. Truly a pleasure in a million ways. It’s Happy Birthday to me! “Wink!”

2 comments:

Lazy Pineapple said...

Many Happy returns of the day :) Have a fabulous Birthday.
Believe me, you are not old...it is all in our mind :)
Life keeps changing and so should we..no day is the same.

Darsh said...

Haha! Thanks a ton lazy pineapple :)