Thursday, July 3, 2008

What I Want


For the past two days I have received immense approval for my blog. Thank you to all my friends who have supported me. What started as a ‘let me see what’s so special about writing blogs?’ has turned to my major activity now. You may laugh or think I am silly if I say that these days I even dream about blogs! Honest; it’s not an exaggeration. The true fact is that I want to reach out to people through what I write. 'Chef's corner' is dedicated to my friends working at Amrita Technology. I had guaranteed them I would bring them all that I would cook but that didn’t work out as planned. So I decided to put up the instructions to all the foodies I prepare. Not a great cook myself but I would love them to give a shot themselves.


The post ‘The Spirit of India’ was an aftermath of the articles I read in India Today and also my urge to contribute in a small way to change the mindset of people. A close friend after reading the blog told me that this is what every youth says and nothing will ever change. I do realize it’s so easy to write but tough and perhaps dangerous to bring ourselves to action. But if a magazine or a movie like ‘Rang De Basanti’ could awaken me then so can I rouse my friends who read the post. When you read it, I want you to realize that you are today’s Indian youth and you have the immense power to change and dawn our country to new beginnings. I am not talking about going up to the streets and protesting for a change. If I had to stand on the ‘great well’ near my house and make a speech about change, there’s no doubt I would get tight slaps across my face and maybe pushed into the well. As a matter of fact I myself haven’t got a clue of how to bring about this change. But I did have an idea which wouldn’t work out. I wanted to teach English during these few months at a nearby institute where they teach the language to children as well as adults of the village. I wanted to do this because English is the only strong point I have in spite being an engineering graduate and I felt I could pass on whatever little knowledge I have to these people. But the idea was rejected by my family since they had better hopes from me as an engineer. Typical Indian household scenario. Again I am left helpless but to patiently wait for my time to come.

5 comments:

batman said...

No comments on ur 1st blog as its ur life.only a phrase from a recent movie:" its not how

many hits you give,but its how many hits u can take & still move on..."

abt spirit of india and wat i want.. hmm.. this ones hard...
welcome to the new india. wat ur describing is a scenario where people are stuck between 2

ways of living, the one that they is moving into future... and the other still those old

thoughts... yes ur rite dear we can change it.... but this change would be painfully slow...

so dont get frustrated abt the present condition.b gud by ur part... others wil join u ...

and others wil awake... and dnot go near that well !!! do ur protest some were else were

there is only threat of been hit not drowned to death !!! there r few people who need u...

in wat i want there is smell that ur not happy abt been a Com Engg.if true that is not the

way to think. i know ur gud at English dear . but i also knw that u can be as gud engnr as u

want......

keep writing

-Akhil

Darsh said...

Thank you man for those comments..this is the response I was waiting for.
First, I just believe that we all can do in our small way to promote our country to a better level even though it takes time. When I witness the crimes and nature of peoples mind around my place, I wish I was never born to belong here because its DISGUSTING !!! We have come through 60+ years of independence and still half of India is in deep sleep. Sure we can go slow but 2020 isn't really far away.
Im happy being a Comp engg dear though i never dreamt of being one but I still haven't realized my skills as an engg. Or in a better way, I can't measure my confidence in this field. But that's not the case with english :)
Thank you so much for your comments. I am waiting for more :)

batman said...

ya. surely 2020 is not far away... the scale of changes that we r talking abt... it wil take a miracle to happen befor 2020.. but guess wat iam one of few people who stil believes in miracles...

and abt this phrase "I can't measure my confidence in this field". oh dear... if u cant measure something it doesnt mean that its not there... if u still think that u hav no skill abt doing engg... think like this:

the no of skills i had before aug 2004

&

the no of skills i hav after apr 2008

iam sure the count wil not be zero...

think abt it.. keep writing....

Darsh said...

I guess we got to wait for that miracle then. Let's hope for the best right :)
And thanks for the backup. The count isn't null after all !:)

batman said...

thats wat iam saying....

if i can change the thinking of 1 person in say last 24 hrs...

may be, ya may be we can pullout a miracle in say before 2020...

keep writing... reading ur blog is interesting...

-AKHIL